RE:    STRUCTURE FIREparks rd chimney fire 3

303 Parks Rd.

Eatonton GA 31024

(Putnam County, Ga., February 25, 2015) – Putnam County firefighters were dispatched to a house fire on Parks Rd. just before 9:30am after a 911 call reporting a structure fire. On arrival, firefighters found a single story dwelling with fire present where a stovepipe passed through the wall to the exterior of the structure with flames extending to the attic. A neighbor saw the fire from across the street and responded to help. He had fire 90% extinguished by applying water from the exterior of the building prior to PCFR arrival. Firefighters quickly completed the fire control on arrival with an interior attack. Overhaul efforts were completed shortly there after. The moderate fire damage was limited to the wall, attic and roof area on one side of the building. There is also smoke damaged throughout the dwelling. Only one of the two adult occupants of the building was there at the time of the fire.

No occupant or PCFR Staff injuries reported as a result of the fire.

PCFR had 3 apparatus & 8 personnel respond. Mutual Aid was received from Eatonton Fire Dept.

The origin of the fire was found to be in the area of the chimney with extension to the attic & appears to be accidental in nature.

“Working smoke alarms save lives, check them monthly, one in every bedroom and any other sleeping areas of your home. Have 2 escape routes planned and practiced!”