109 Spruce Pt.
Eatonton GA 31024
(Putnam County, Ga., February 24, 2015) – Putnam County firefighters were dispatched to a house fire on Spruce Pt. just before 9pm when the homeowner noticed a strange noise. On further investigation she discovered her chimney was on fire. She was able to safely evacuate the home and called 911. On arrival, firefighters found a 2 story, on a basement, single-family home with heavy dark smoke showing from the eves with the only occupant safe and accounted for outside of the structure. Crews found heavy heat on the 2nd floor and heavy flames in the attic as a result of the fire progression. The fire damage to the attic and roof area of the home is extensive. There is also heavy smoke and water damaged throughout the home.
No occupant or PCFR Staff injuries reported as a result of the fire.
PCFR had 5 apparatus & 17 personnel respond. Mutual Aid was received from Eatonton Fire Dept. & Putnam EMS.
The origin of the fire was found to be in the area of the chimney with extension to the attic.