RE:  STRUCTURE FIRE

112 Reid Dr

Eatonton GA 31024

112 Reids Dr2 112 Reids Dr3(Putnam County, Ga., January 24, 2015) – Putnam County firefighters were dispatched to a house fire on Reid Dr just after 8pm when the home owner noticed the odor of smoke. He initially suspected the damper on his wood stove to not be opened completely but on further investigation discovered his chimney on fire. On arrival, crews found a single-family home with smoke showing from the eves. Fire crews found fire progression in the attic area and between added ceilings. The fire damage to the attic and roof area of the home is extensive. There is also heavy smoke and water damaged throughout the home.

No occupant or PCFR Staff injuries reported as a result of the fire.

PCFR had 6 apparatus & 10 personnel respond. Mutual Aid was received from Eatonton Fire Dept., Putnam EMS & PCSO.

The origin of the fire was found to be in the area of the wood stove chimney and cause to be chimney fire with extension to the attic.

Their church has setup an account at The Peoples Bank for, John and Kasey Maddox, providing a place for the community to assist this family in their time of need.

“Working smoke alarms save lives, check them monthly, one in every bedroom and any other sleeping areas of your home. Have 2 escape routes planned and practiced!”

 

Shane E. Hill

Chief

PCFR