PUTNAM COUNTY AND CITY OF EATONTON
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING & SECTION 3 WORKSHOP
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROJECT (CDBG)/
EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE PROGRAM (EIP)
Putnam County (lead applicant) and the City of Eatonton will hold a public hearing on April 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM at the Putnam County Administration Building, Room 203, 117 Putnam Drive, Suite A, Eatonton, Georgia. The purpose of the public hearing will be to discuss the approved activities of the County’s and City’s FY2017 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)/Employment Incentive Program (EIP). On March 2, 2017, the County and City were awarded a grant of $500,000.00 to construct Sewer Improvements to serve the Legacy Housing’s new manufacturing facility.
The following items will be discussed:
1) The amount of funds received and a description of each activity;
2) The amount of funds available for each activity and the amount of funds that will benefit low and moderate income persons;
3) The plan, if applicable, to minimize the displacement of persons and the plan to assist the people who may be displaced;
4) Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Requirements as they pertain to HUD Assisted Projects: Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Section 109 of the HCD Act of 1974, Title 1; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act); Section 104(b)(2) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended; Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA); and the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968.
5) Section 3 Requirements/Workshop – This project is covered under the requirements of Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, as amended and Section 3 Residents and Business Concerns are encouraged to apply. To learn if you or your company may qualify for Section 3 preference for potential economic opportunities resulting from this project, please attend the Section 3 Workshop portion of this hearing.
The public is invited to attend this public hearing to become informed of the grant activities and to attend the Section 3 Workshop immediately following this Public Hearing. Persons with special needs relating to handicapped accessibility or foreign language should contact Ms. Lynn Butterworth, County Clerk, Putnam County at (706) 485-1877 prior to April 18, 2017. She can be located at 117 Putnam Drive, Suite A, Eatonton, Georgia between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Persons with hearing disabilities may contact the Georgia Relay Service, at 1-800-255-0056 (TDD) or 1-800-255-0135 (Voice) if they require assistance.