Salary: Based on Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Position is filled
The Putnam County Board of Assessors is accepting applications for the position of Chief Appraiser.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mass appraisal techniques.
- Supervision of the appraisal staff.
- Meet timetables and regulatory deadlines.
- Represent the Board of Assessors in Board of Equalization hearings and testify in Superior Court.
- Reviews appraisal methods and procedures to assure appraisal values for all property types are correct and accurate.
- Organizes and attends Board of Assessors meetings.
- Represents the Board of Assessors in audits by various state departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Certification Requirement: This position requires a minimum current certification as an Appraiser III by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Additional Requirements: Prior experience as a Chief Appraiser and experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Familiar with WinGAP Appraisal software and various other computer programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide digest projections, prepare and present information for review to local and state agencies.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Understanding of county fiscal and budgeting policies and procedures.
- Possess a current valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- Applicants may be required to pass a physical examination, drug test, and a criminal background check.
Job Summary: Putnam County Board of Assessors is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Appraiser. Prior experience as a Chief Appraiser and experience in a supervisory position is preferred. The applicant must have knowledge, skills and abilities to supervise an office of 10 employees and manage the appraisal of approximately 19,400 parcels of real property. The applicant must have the ability to relate well with the public and staff members. The Chief appraiser works under the direction of, and is responsible to the Putnam County Board of Assessors.
To Apply: Applications for employment may be obtained at the Putnam County Commissioners’ office or website at http://www.putnamcountyga.us/departments/human-resources. Applicants should submit a current resume, contact information for three (3) references, seven (7) year motor vehicle report and notarized criminal history consent form.