Public Transit SystemPromotes and assists in providing for the improved mobility of its citizens
117 Putnam Drive
Eatonton, GA 31024
Phone: (706) 485-6355
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. to12:45 p.m.
Note: Putnam County Transit does not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
The Putnam County Public Transit System promotes and assists in providing for the improved mobility of its citizens. We are dedicated to the efficient and economical operation of transportation resources serving the citizens of Putnam County. We strive to dedicate our service to the special needs of elderly and disabled citizens. We accomplish this mission by adhering to the following service goals and objectives.
Goals & Objectives:
- To develop and maintain an effective and efficient public transportation service available to all citizens of Putnam County with priority given to the needs of the elderly and disabled.
- To offer the best possible level of service consistent with travel demand and resources available.
- To achieve efficient utilization through coordination with other public transportation providers within both the private and public sector.
- To provide for the accessibility of transportation for essential trip purposes.
- To provide a service that is affordable, available and useable.
- To provide a service that is safe, clean and comfortable.
- To provide a service which is responsive to the travel needs of local citizens.
Rules and Regulations:
- All trips will be scheduled based on the availability of buses.
- Our elderly or disabled passengers or those having doctor appointments, drug store or grocery store needs will be scheduled first. Any and all other trips will be worked around these.
- A minimum of thirty (30) minutes is required for a scheduled pickup (depending on the time of your call and the location). The bus will wait no more than five (5) minutes at each pickup point for passengers.
- The fare is $2.00 per passenger per one-way trip. The driver will accept your fare upon entering the bus. Please have correct fare as drivers cannot make change from more than a ten dollar bill. An extra trip fare will be charged if the driver must stop the bus for you to get change.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times, NO EXCEPTIONS, until the bus has come to a complete stop.
- We ask that you respect the driver and other passengers by observing personal hygiene and not wearing excessively strong perfumes.
- NO Eating, Drinking, Smoking or Cursing allowed.
- NO Cell Phone usage.
- NO Animals, except for service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities.
- NO Flammable or combustible materials.
- You will be charged an extra $2.00 fee per passenger the next time you ride the bus if:
- You are not ready for pickup within the five (5) minute wait time.
- You fail to cancel your trip within a reasonable time.
- Someone else schedules a pickup for you and you do not ride.
- For safety, all bagged items (such as groceries) must be securely closed to prevent hazards.
**Drivers are not responsible for items left on the buses.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI Putnam County Transit
- Putnam County Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Putnam County Transit Director.
- For more information on Putnam County Transit civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 706-485-6355, email: email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 117 Putnam Dr. Suite A Eatonton Georgia 31024. For more information, visit http://www.putnamcountyga.us. You may also download the complaint form: Title VI Complaint Form
- If information is needed in another language, contact 706-485-6355
- You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590