- Sealed Bids: Sealed bids for construction of the project entitled “Perky Cap Lift Station Replacement” will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at the Eatonton-Putnam Water & Sewer Authority Offices, 663 Godfrey Road, Eatonton, Georgia 31024, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
- Work To Be Done: The work shall generally consist of furnishing all products and performing all labor necessary to perform the following (see Plans and Specifications for complete details and description):
The proposed project consists of furnishing all labor, tools, materials, and equipment required to construct a new duplex submersible lift station to replace an existing station on Industrial Blvd. The construction includes a precast wetwell, submersible pumps, valve vault, electrical, and telemetry. The project also includes construction of approximately 2,200 L.F. of 8” gravity sewer main to allow the abandonment of an existing pump station and force main that serves the Legacy Homes Facility. The work will be awarded in one (1) contract.
- Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents: Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents are on file at the Eatonton-Putnam Water & Sewer Authority Office (address above). Copies may be obtained from the Issuing Agent- Carter & Sloope, Inc., 6310 Peake Road, Macon, Georgia 31210, Phone: (478) 477-3923, Fax: (478) 477-4691, upon payment of $300 for each set (non-refundable).
- Contractor License: Any Contractor submitting a bid must be licensed by the State of Georgia. See Instructions to Bidders for additional bidding requirements.
- Bonds: Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Special Funding Requirements: This project will be jointly funded through a grant from the Department of Community Affairs’ Employment Incentive Program (EIP) and the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority’s Clean Water SRF program. Due to the EIP funding, this is a Section 3 Covered Project under the HUD Act of 1968 and Section 3 Residents and Business Concerns are encouraged to apply – a required Pre-bid Meeting will be held in which Section 3 preferences and compliance will be discussed in detail. If Section 3 documents are not properly signed and submitted with the bid, the bid will be rejected. Additionally, all Bidders must comply with 41 CFR 60-4 in regard to affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity to females and minorities and will apply the timetables and goals set forth in 41 CFR 60-4 as applicable to the area of the project. This construction must also comply with Davis-Bacon Wage Rates and the American Iron & Steel Act.
- Pre-bid Conference: A pre-bid conference will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. to discuss special project requirements and answer questions. Attendance is not mandatory. The meeting will be held at the Eatonton-Putnam Water & Sewer Authority Offices, 663 Godfrey Road, Eatonton, Georgia 31024.
- Permits: All necessary permits for this project are expected to be acquired prior to construction, with one exception. The Notice of Intent necessary for coverage under the NPDES General Permit will be filed after the bid opening and at least 14 days prior to the notice to proceed date with the Contractor listed as the Primary Permittee.
- Land/Easement acquisition: All land acquisition will be completed prior to construction.
- Reservation of Rights: Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
Eatonton-Putnam Water & Sewer Authority
Represented By: Mrs. Donna Van Haute, Director